Balance the Rhythm of Spring
Expel the Venom!
The energy of spring is about manifestation and moving forward. Spring is a great time to rid yourself of anything that holds you back. In the olden days, people ate bitter greens to help remove toxins that accumulated over the winter.
In EEM, there’s a great exercise to help remove unwanted energies and make room for new, vibrant energy. It’s called, “Expelling the Venom” (also called the Blow Out) and is especially effective at balancing the Rhythm of spring to make sure you don’t get stuck or angry. It only takes a few minutes to do.
When you are feeling stuck, or want to find the righteous anger within you and release it:
- Stand with your hands on your thighs, fingers spread, and take a deep breath.
- With a deep inhalation, make fists out of your hands and swing your arms out to your sides and complete the circle by bringing them high above your head.
- With a loud “Shhhhhhhhhh” as you exhale, bring your fisted hands down swiftly, opening them as they reach toward the ground.
- Bring to mind the source of your anger and make your movements quick and forceful. Repeat three times.
- For a fourth time, feel your muscles and power unfolding as you slowly and deliberately circle your arms up and then pull your arms down as you exhale.
- Repeat until you feel the unbalanced energy dissipate.
Adapted from Chapter 7 of Donna Eden’s Book Energy Medicine, 2008 Tarcher/Penguin.