Colour Therapy© and Essential oils.
(This information is not intended to diagnose ot treat anyone. If you share this in any way please acknowledge this website and my input. It is for your education only. Please do not reproduce)
The beneficial influence of colour has been documented through history, from the ancient Egyptians to great writers and thinkers such as Sir Isaac Newton, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe and Rudolf Steiner. Today many specialised therapist and alternative health practitioners use colour therapy in their healing methods.
Colour is pure energy and each colour of the rainbow has a different frequency and power, which reaches you through light rays. Light stimulates the body’s endocrine system, which is connected to the energy centres. Black absorbs all wavelengths and doesn’t reflect anything back; white at the opposite end of the scale absorbs nothing and reflects everything back. In between black and white lies our colourful world.
These colours are wavelengths of energy, seen as Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. We can use these colour energies to strengthen our energy centres.
During this difficult time with the fear and anxiety that pervades the planet, it is particularly important to keep ourselves as balanced and energetically vibrant as possible. Hence it is essential to get out into sunlight/daylight everyday. Nature is balancing and harmonising and Deep breathing of fresh air (especially by the sea) opens our lungs and Heart centres and helps us to stay positive. When we add the healing aromas of essential oils we add another layer of natural healing.
The chakra points do not exist in our physical body, but in our etheric body. Here the cosmic energy enters and connects our body with the energy coming from the earth. These energy whirls are in contact with our physical body through the points explained.
|Crown Chakra Violet Energy|
|Brow/Third Eye Chakra Indigo Energy|
|Throat Chakra Sky Blue Energy|
|Heart Chakra Green Energy|
|Solar Plexus Chakra Yellow Energy|
|Spleen Chakra Orange Energy|
|Root Chakra Red Energy|
If these points are in balance, then we are healthy. If not it is important to adjust them by transferring energy from one chakra to its complementary other. This means that if you have too much red energy you would need to take on more blue energy to neutralise, balance and support the red.
|Colour/ Complementary Colour|
We are born with the opportunity to make use of all colour energies. We develop according to a colour scale, from palest pink at birth, red in puberty, and violet as we mature and gain experience. Our aim should be to leave this life in beautiful pastel shades with a tinge of white and gold. To do this we must strive for balance, to train and exercise so that the body may be harmonised mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Of course this means working with the energy of the green ray, the energy of love and harmony, which is situated at our heart centre. This centre is the bridge between the grosser, warmer, magnetic, physical colours and the finer, cooler, ethereal, electrical, spiritual colours.
Colour energy works in both a positive and negative way. By learning about ourselves through self -enquiry and our positive/white and negative/dark sides, we may achieve balance by adding more energy of the same colour or by adding another colour (usually a complementary or bi-complementary colour).
Colour and Children
Children love colours, so allow them to enjoy and explore the colours they have feelings for. Unless there is a therapeutic reason, and you have taken advice, it is unadvisable to use strong colours and essential oils on babies and very young children. Stick to pastel shades – all pink /blue shades are good or white as these are gentle, maternal colours. Children and young people tend to be under the influence of red and orange colour energies and need more inspiring and relaxing colours. Try pastel blue and greens to relax and yellow before exams perhaps.
Red is Drive & Energy, it motivates and stregthens your drive, courage and self confidence
Orange is uplifting, It helps with skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, acne and greasy skin
Yellow is optimistic, it cleanses skin pores and helps with weight problems. It also aids memory and gives mental energy
Green is harmonising, it is a balancing colour and is connected to the heart centre for love and harmony.
Blue is calming, it is a hormonal balancer, helps with symptoms and discomfort associated with menstruation
Indigo opens spirituality, it’s great for meditation and building intuition.
Violet displays great mental strength and inspires artistic talent, creativity and spiritual connection.
Simply choose the colour you are least drawn to, from the colours below, or make your choice on how you feel today and not on your usual colour preferences /dislikes
1.Red – Physical Self
If you choose red, it could mean that:
- you need more physical strength & vitality
- you’re having problems meeting your goals
- you’re lacking motivation
- you’re feeling tired and anaemic
Use Red to help:
- energise you when you feel tired and cold.
- fight a Cold
- stimulate poor blood circulation
- for rheumatism and arthritis
Do not use Red when
- you are emotionally out of balance
- you are angry or excited
- you have infectious wounds
- you have a heart problem
Breathe in the amazing aromas of essential oils to help you to come to a balance.
Red Essential Oils: Ylang Ylang, Juniper, Sandalwood is a good red energy blend.
2.Orange – Emotional Self
If you choose Orange, it could mean that:
- you need to connect to your feminine energy
- you’ve been repressing your emotions
- you’re burdened with guilty feelings
- you have been suffering from depression
Use Orange to help:
- with depression
- to ease skin problems
- release anxieties
- With asthma or allergies
Orange Oils: Melissa, Orange, Neroli is a good orange energy blend
- Yellow – Mental Self
If you choose yellow, it could mean that:
- you need mental focus and clarity
- you’re having problems with your digestive system
Use Yellow to help:
- digestion or weight problems
- improve your memory abilities
- stimulate you if you are mentally fatigued
- eliminate parasites
Do not use Yellow when;
- you are suffering from a nervous strain or nervous system problems
Yellow Oils: Rosemary, Bergamot, Grapefruit is a good yellow energy blend
4.Green – Unconditional Love
If you choose Green, it could mean that:
- you need to nurture yourself
- you have a fear of letting go
- you’re indecisive, lack judgement or feel unworthy
Use Green to help:
- ease tension and relax your muscles
- calm you down after a hectic day
- ease digestion problems
- balance you when you need peace and harmony.
Only use green energy on your heart chakra when pregnant.
Green Oils: Eucalyptus, Pine, Cedarwood is a good green energy blend. Rose oil is a master heart healing oil. that is safe even to use on babies.
- Blue – Communication centre.
If you choose Blue, it could mean that:
- you lack the ability to confront the truth and to speak out
- you have a tendency to be hard upon yourself
Use Blue to help:
- menstrual problems
- reduce a fever
- with sleeping problems or insomnia
- reduce insect bites, bruising and itching
Blue Oils: Geranium, Peppermint, Chamomile is a good blue energy blend
6.Indigo – Intuitive Self
If you choose Indigo, it could mean that:
- you’re suffering from lack of restorative sleep
- you have a tendency to be nervous
- you’re intolerant or frustrated
Use Indigo to help:
- with sleeping problems
- to calm nerves and the lymphatic system
- with hearing problems
- skin problems
Indigo Oils: Myrrh, Frankincense, Patchouli is a good indigo energy blend
- Violet – Spiritual Self
If you choose violet, it could mean that:
- you’re feeling stuck in a rut, or put down
- you need to cleanse your thoughts and emotions
Use Violet to help:
- if you have skin rashes or burns
- clear a situation you may be in
- give energy for inspiration and leadership
- strengthen your spiritual values
Do not use violet when
- you are depressed or totally out of balance. Use green or pink instead
Violet Oils: Lavender, Jasmine, Camphor is a good violet energy blend
Turquoise Higher Heart
If you choose Turquoise, it could mean that:
- you need to express your emotions regarding a situation which overwhelms you
Use Turquoise to help:
- build your immune system
- with opportunities for change
- remove toxic wastes and congestion
Turquoise Oils: Tea Tree, Clary Sage, Thyme is a good turquoise energy blend
Pink – Universal Love
If you choose Pink, then it could mean that:
- you need to reconnect to the purpose of your life, your divine purpose.
- you are irritated and angry with life in general
Use Pink to help:
- Energise you when you feel tired
- Fight a Cold
- Stimulate poor blood circulation
- With rheumatism and arthritis
Pink Oils: Rose, Palmarosa, Petitgrain is a good pink energy blend.
For a full Colour Therapy session or for more information call or text me on 07889200061 www.colourenergyworks.co.uk email firstname.lastname@example.org